Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year once again...

2009 is now upon us...which means for me, more birthdays, a high school graduation in May and yet another potential for a move.

For 8 years previous, OK, so let's say 5 years, I've been working on a come and go basis about committing to where I am and being loose enough to move when the man says go. And once again, we sit at the verge of a move with nothing substantial from the company. How many times have I found myself in this place? Without exaggeration, I really do believe at least 6 times.

How does one live day to day in one area whilst trying to be prepared to pack it all up and move to another?

Military families are the super royalty at this type of thing. Some of those kids see 3 different schools in one calendar year! But at the same time, if attending school on base, they're all in the same boat. And somehow I'm betting, when someone says,hey we could really use you in this role...it doesn't take 6-9 months of walking around a situation and reorganizing the company before action is taken. I'm guessing it's far less painful to just get the orders and go. Kinda like pulling off a band aid; better to just do it and not drag it out.

So what do I have to offer as in an interesting anecdote? Nothing. I find nothing about living in limbo amusing. And no, it's not comforting to know that many many others are going through the exact same thing. Frustrating. Exhausting. Anxiety causing.

Maybe worst of all, I really wonder if I won't be living in the same spot saying the exact same thing when 2010 arrives.

No comments: